Kathy and Pat

It’s Secretary Week!  I thought of getting Superhero capes for Kathy and Pat - Wonder Woman for Kathy and Captain Marvel for Pat.  But I didn’t pull it off – maybe because our two Super Heroes are always the ones that do such favors for me! 

Our Superhero secretaries have a half century of working together at Irving.  Two women working side by side - sharing so much - they must be able to finish one another’s thoughts. All of us know that the fact that they have pulled off such a close working relationship is no small feat - bet their working relationship  could play in some Seinfeld episodes!

There probably isn’t anyone in school who has more daily interaction with the biggest cross-section of those served than Kathy and Pat. There is not a thing that happens at Irving that they do not have their fingerprints on. They see and hear it all - from kids, parents, volunteers, janitors, teachers, district bigwigs, administrators, police officers, crossing guards, and they have become great friends with the Amazon delivery drivers and their like!

On a personal note, Pat and Kathy have had my back.  They have supported me and continue to support me, and I am so grateful for that.  They have walked alongside me, walked me off a few cliffs, and guided me through some rocky patches.  They both have rooted for me - when I need the support the most. And, in rooting for me they both are rooting for the success of our kids and our school - they have so many years of investment in this worthy cause.  And, because of their investment their daily work as secretaries has been so meaningful. And, in my book - that speaks highly of the kind of secretaries they are - the kind of women they are - and more importantly the kind of good persons they are.

Kathy and Pat - you are the best of the best. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slice of life

Student Growth

Valentines Day