Slice of life

Good evening 

I am curious about your own writing.  Do any of you have a writing practice, such as, journaling?  Just wondering.  If I were a betting man, I’d put money on it that many of you do have a writing habit of sorts – if not now, perhaps earlier in life.  Please consider sharing a posting with us – or even on the bigger stage of Two Writing Teachers Blog.

Last week I talked about the blog – Two Writing Teachers. This blog offers us the opportunity to share a piece of our own writing on pretty much any subject. You will find the means to do that under “Slice of Life”

Just wanted to throw this out to anyone so inclined.  I’m going to push myself to post something.  Courage, right?   

At any rate, my thoughts on writing focused on Heart Maps or Close to the Bone maps.  It seems to me that such a map would be beneficial for different writing responses, and most especially when we require students to write to an on-demand assessment.  We want to get a baseline of each student’s independent writing ability, and the heart map could be helpful to “jump start” the written response.   I think it is safe to say that we all would choose to write about the things that matter to us the most – that’s where the Heart Map for a student to draw inspiration. 

I’ve included a Close to the Bone image of what matters most to me and Bazz has also made a Heart Map of what she loves and cares about – without a doubt, if asked to respond “cold turkey” to a written prompt, we would look to our images for inspiration.  

Marty


Comments

  1. When I first thought about any writing practices I have, my initial reaction was no. I don’t journal or write my thoughts down. But I do write about 5 – 7 letters per week to family and friends. It’s a habit I first started when I was studying abroad in college- probably prior to email and about 15 years ago. So I guess I do write on a regular basis and really enjoy this practice. Thanks for making me think of this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sal. I always think there's something so nice about getting a personal letter.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Student Growth

Valentines Day